Publishers using Skimlinks are required to adhere to the following policies, so please read them carefully. We may change our policies at any time, so please check here often for updates.
We do not allow publishers with the following types of content to use Skimlinks:
- Pornographic content
- Violent or hateful content
- Content of a religious nature
- Content of a political nature
- Content that promotes illegal activity
- Content that specifically targets children aged 13 and below
- Duplicated content from other websites
It is a breach of our Program Policies to:
- Use search engine marketing in order to bid on merchant’s brand terms and generate affiliate revenues through Skimlinks.
- Alter through redirection or other means the http referrer.
- Generate impressions, clicks, or transactions through any means other than those initiated by non incentivized end users.
- Use a domain name containing merchant or other entities' names, brands or trademarks, or misspellings thereof.
- Operate multiple accounts without express written consent from Skimlinks.
- Engage in ‘direct linking’.
- Be non compliant with all applicable United States Federal Trade Commission and UK Advertising Standards Authority guidelines, including those regarding how implied endorsements and testimonials like affiliate marketing must be disclosed to consumers (see, for example, some relevant information here and here).
- Be non compliant with the IAB Voucher Code Of Conduct or the relevant Network and / or Merchant terms
- Create the impression that your website is the website of a Merchant or other entity, including, without limitation, framing or copying of a website in any manner or creating banners or advertisements that mimic a Merchant or other entity's website’s search, display, or social ads in any manner.
- Purchase advertisements that direct to your site(s) that could be considered as competing with a Merchant’s ads including, without limitation, the purchase or use of Product Listing Ads
- Use Skimlinks affiliate tracking tags outside of Skimlinks technologies
Be an entity registered in a country that has economic sanctions and export control laws and regulations of the UK, United States, EU, Israel and, as applicable, other jurisdictions upon it
Skimlinks reserves the right to deny any publisher suspected of engaging in the above activities from its publisher network. In the case of a publisher already accepted into the Skimlinks publisher network, should they be suspected of engaging in prohibited activities, Skimlinks reserves the right to suspend or terminate their account at any time, without compensation and in its sole discretion..
Skimlinks currently monetizes traffic exclusively from North America, Europe and APAC.
Due to our current geographical coverage, if your site does not have a significant amount of traffic from these regions, we cannot monetize your content and we may deny your application to ensure you avoid disappointment with our service.
We are unable to work with publishers located in the following countries: Myanmar, North Korea, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, and Syria.